Avid Xpress DV v3.5 is built on a revolutionary real-time architecture that delivers more than 100 customizable real-time effects, professional-level color correction with waveform and vectorscope analysis, and multiple simultaneous real-time streams - all in software. You can preview a title, apply a dissolve, perform color correction, and animate a picture-in-picture effect simultaneously - all without rendering. And only Avid Xpress DV v3.5 allows you to customize every parameter of every real-time effect and see it all right away. Avid gives you the creative freedom you want and the image quality you need to deliver professional-grade video on a desktop, laptop, or mountaintop - anywhere your imagination takes you.
Avid Xpress DV PowerPack Features:
Includes everything found in the base model of Avid Xpress DV, plus:
The Avid DV FilmMakers Toolkit, featuring Avid FilmScribe, AutoSync, Dupe Detection, Avid Script-Based editing, Avid Log Exchange, and additional film-style effects The Avid Illusion FX Pack, featuring a total of 29 plug-in effects
The Image Stabilization AVX plug-in, which provides motion tracking to eliminate unwanted camera movement
Full versions of Boris FX and Boris GRAFFITI
24 EDL support for 24p HD
Support for Adobe After Effects
Over 100 infinitely customizable real-time effects with multiple, simultaneous streams. Customers can create richly layered compositions such as a scrolling title with a dissolve, a color correction effect, and a picture-in-picture overlay simultaneously - all in real-time.
The color correction tools in Avid Xpress DV brings professional, real-time functionality unrivaled by other software-only NLEs. Features include previous, current and next frame windows, reference frames, before and after split-screens, patent-pending NaturalMatch color matching, safe color warnings and advanced vectorscope & waveform monitors.
Customizable workspaces that allow customers to personalize every aspect of the industry-standard Avid editing interface. Plus, features that make Avid Xpress DV easier, and faster, to use: Toolsets, SuperBins, DV Scene Extraction, 8 video tracks, Quick Transitions, drag and drop storyboarding, and much more.
Versions for both Mac OS X and Windows XP Professional software in the same box so professionals can easily move back and forth between systems. Macintosh computers with Mac OS X v10.1.4 or later and a 400 MHz G4 processor or higher are supported (includes all Apple PowerBook G4s).
Networking capability via Avid LANshare EX, which offers Ethernet and Fibre Channel connectivity and supports up to 20 Avid Xpress DV clients, and via PortServer Pro, which connects to Avid Unity MediaNetwork systems. Macintosh support for Avid LANshare EX is planned for Q4 2002.
Separate Avid DV codec for creating Avid-compatible media in After Effects and other popular applications. The Avid DV codec also provides higher quality DV playback and is freely distributable so that media may be used on a separate workstation that does not have Avid Xpress DV installed.
Complete Feature List:
Avid Real-time Architecture
Customizable, Professional Tools
- Over 100 customizable real-time software effects and multiple simultaneous real-time streams to create and view richly layered effects without rendering
- Real-time professional level color correction tools that increase productivity and deliver better, more sophisticated results
- Real-time performance on a wide range of desktops and notebooks - including all Apple PowerBook G4s
- ExpertRender optimizes real-time performance
- Keyframable, real-time picture-in-picture effects
- Real-time display in both interface and video monitor
- Expert Color Correction Toolset
- Patent-pending NaturalMatch color matching allows users to click on a face in two shots to instantly match skin tones
- A three-window view allows users to more easily compare color from frame to frame
- Customizable real-time waveform and vectorscope for more accurate assessment of color correction
- Customizable, advanced vectorscope, waveform, histogram and parade monitors include RGH and YcbCr histogram and parade, Y & YC waveform, and quad displays.
- Based on sophisticated color correction technology found in Avid Symphony - no other software-only NLE comes close to this level of professional color correction.
- Industry-standard Avid user interface thats easy to navigate and learn
- Customizable menu, toolbars and keyboard commands to enhance your workflow can be saved and transfered to other Avid editing systems
- Unlimited video tracks via nesting for dynamic multilayered compositions
- Best of class audio tools including real-time audio mix, punch-in, EQ, automation gain, stereo VU meters, and DigiDesign AudioSuite
- Easy manipulation of imported graphics, including Adobe Photoshop layers
- AutoSave with Attic folder to revert to previous version and 32 levels of undo
- Superior title animation, effects, and 2D/3D compositing through Boris FX6 LTD and GRAFFITI2 LTD SuperBins provide access to all media using minimal screen real estate
Streamlined Interoperability + Workflow
- Windows XP Professional and Mac OS X versions in one box
- Avid One-Step technology to automate common tasks
- Dynamic storyboarding with drag and drop to the timeline
- Scrub clips with JKL control in any bin window
- Award winning Avid Tour quickly brings new users up to speed.
- Online tutorial and documentation
- DV scene extraction instantly builds individual clips from a single DV clip
- Six customizable toolsets speed up common tasks: Basic editing, source/record editing, color correction, effects editing, audio editing and recording from tape
- Dual-processor support
- Avid Unity LANshare support for sharing projects and storage in workgroups (up to 20 Avid Xpress DV clients per LANShare EX)
- Projects, bins, and sequences bi-directionally compatible with other Avid editing systems, including Media Composer, Symphony, NewsCutter, and Avid Xpress
- Avid DV codec provides higher quality DV playback in After Effects
- DVCPRO PAL 4:1:1 support
- Upgradable to Avid Xpress Meridien hardware
- Import/export in many popular formats, including: MPEG-1, QuickTime 5, and QuickTime Reference Movie
- OMF files for collaboration with graphics and other systems. EDL import/export allows finishing in tape online facilities
- Seamless audio exchange with Digidesign Pro Tools systems
- AVX Plug-in support to extend the native capabilities