The MFC-8220 is a 5-in-1 Laser Multi-Function Center? machine that truly outperforms any other laser sheetfed all-in-one product in its class! The MFC-8220 is not only a laser printer and a feature-rich standalone fax, but also a full function copier and B/W scanner. Also included is PC Fax capability, allowing you to send and receive faxes1 via your desktop PC.
In addition to producing sharp, laser print quality of up to 2400 x 600 dpi (HQ1200), the MFC-8220 prints and copies at an impressive speed of up to 21 ppm/cpm. The MFC-8220 comes equipped with a 250-sheet adjustable paper tray for letter or legal size paper and an optional second 250-sheet paper tray is also available2. Both USB and parallel ports are standard3 and the MFC-8220 is compatible with Windows?, Mac? and DOS? Operating Systems.
1 Year limited warranty by Brother.
- Fast, up to 21ppm Laser Printer
- 33.6K bps SuperG3 Fax Modem
- 2-line, 3-color LCD display
- Up to 21 copies per minute
- 32MB standard memory
- Multi-Copying (up to 99) with enlargement and reduction
- B&W scanning
- Up to 30 page Auto Document Feeder
- 250-Sheet Paper Capacity (Optional 2nd 250-Sheet Tray available1)
- Broadcasting to up to 382 locations
Plain Paper Fax
- 33.6K bps high speed Super G3 fax modem
- Up to 30 page Automatic Document Feed (ADF)
- 250-sheet letter or legal paper capacity with auto reduction;
optional second paper tray (LT-5000)1
- Stores up to 600 pages2 for out of paper reception
- Dual Access and Broadcasting
- Quick Scan (as fast as 2 seconds per page)
- 32 One Touch Locations
- 300 Station Speed Dial Locations
- Fax Security with password controlled access
- Up to 4 Day Memory Battery Backup
- Error Correction Mode and Automatic Fax/Tel switch
- Caller ID and Distinctive Ring Detection3 ready
- No PC Required for Standalone Faxing
- Up to 21ppm print speed
- HQ1200 (up to 2400 x 600 dpi) Laser Printing
- Windows? 95, 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, NT? 4.0, Mac?
OS X 10.1/10.2.1-10.3 or greater
- PCL6, BR-Script 3 (PostScript?3 Language Emulation)
- Parallel and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces standard4, Ethernet
- 32MB Memory, Upgradeable to 160MB1
- Standard Toner cartridge included (up to 3,500 pages based on letter/A4
size media at approx. 5% coverage)
- Crisp laser copy quality at up to 21 copies per minute
- Up to legal size (8.5" x 14") copying through ADF
- Up to 30 page Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Multi-copying, up to 99 copies, with sorting through ADF
- Copy reduction and enlargement from 25%-400%
- No PC Required for Standalone Copying
- Up to 9600 x 9600 dpi B&W scanning5,6
- 64 shade gray scale for photo resolution
- One-touch dedicated key for scanning to file, E-mail, image or OCR
applications (Windows? only)
- Includes award winning ScanSoft? PaperPort? and
OmniPage? OCR software for Windows?
- Includes Presto!? PageManager? for Mac?
- Works with Windows? 95, 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, NT?
4.0, Mac? OS 8.6-9.2, OS X 10.2.1-10.3 or greater
- Allows faxing to and from your PC8
- Fax Broadcasting from your PC
- Works with Windows? and Mac? OS 8.6-9.2, OS X
10.1/10.2.1-10.3 or greater
1 Requires additional purchase.
2 Based on Brother # 1 Chart with MMR coding (Standard Resolution).
3 Check with local phone company for availability of these services.
4 Cables not included.
5 300 x 600 dpi optical resolution.
6 Windows? XP resolutions up to 9600x9600dpi can be selected by
using Brother Scanner Utility.
7 PC Fax Send only for Mac?.