This Ring Lite for close-up and macro shooting is loaded with features and capabilities. Now with Canon's E-TTL, it takes full advantage of the flash performance of the EOS-1v, EOS-3, and other E-TTL cameras. Circular twin flash tubes can fire at even power, or varied between them over a six-stop range, and one or more 550EX Speedlites can be used as wireless slaves along with the MR-14EX. The controller unit now has an illuminated full-info LCD panel and its accepts optional hi-capacity battery packs.
- Twin-tube ring lite designed for close-up photography with EF Macro lenses; Flash tubes can fire together or independently
- Compatible with all EOS bodies:
- Supports E-TTL, FE Lock and FP Flash (hi-speed sync) functions with Type-A EOS cameras
- Supports Ratio Lighting Control in E-TTL, FE Lock and FP Flash modes with EOS-1V and EOS-3
- Supports TTL, Flash Exposure Bracketing and Variable Power Manual Flash with all EOS cameras featuring manual exposure, plus T90
- Supports E-TTL Wireless Autoflash in conjunction with one or more 550EXs
- Attaches directly to EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro (both versions), and MP-E 65mm Macrophoto Lenses (can also be used with EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM via Macrolite Adapter 72C)
- Incandescent focusing lamps and two forms of modelling flash permit preview of lighting effects
- Illuminated LCD panel for easy flash settings in any lighting condition
- Compatible with AA-size alkaline, lithium, Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries; Accepts optional Canon-brand external battery packs (Compact Battery Pack CP-E2 and Transistor Pack E)
- Guide Number 14/46 (at ISO 100, m/ft.)
- Type of flash: Ring Lite, twin circular flashes tubes, and separate Controller Unit.
- Standard Power Source: 4 AA batteries in Controller (Alkaline, NiCd, Lithium and Ni-MH type AAs are OK)
- Optional Power Source: External battery packs Compact Battery Pack CP-E2, Transistor Pack E.
- Control in E-TTL Mode: FP sync, FE Lock, Flash +/- compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing.
- Control in Manual Mode: Flash +/- compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing.
- Ratio Control in Manual: L:R tubes (A:B) in full steps over 1/1 ~ 1/64 range, full steps
- Setting Method: LCD panel on Controller Unit (illuminated), similar to 550EX Speedlite
- Custom Functions: Seven on the MR-14EX (in addition to any in camera), set on flash LCD.
- Modeling Flash:
- (1) One-second burst at 70Hz in E-TTL or M flash mode, showing ratios
- (2) With CF 4-1, uniform one second burst at 70Hz, works in TTL mode.