The Canopus family of Realtime Editing Stations unites cutting-edge technology with a reputation for reliability to provide a solid, stable foundation for an editing workstation. Simply unpack the RES-300, plug in your camera and start editing. Experience the power of the award-winning DVStorm2 with five streams of realtime video, along with color correction with waveform/vectorscope, variable speed control, the industrys best DV chroma key, color replacement, region filter, and much more. Unlike other proprietary turnkey systems, the RES-300 is built around industry-standard hardware to ensure compatibility and allow for easy upgrades. With Canopus ProCoder included, the RES-300 is also an extremely fast, high-quality video transcoder, allowing you to convert your finished projects into a plethora of video formats, including picture-perfect, DVD quality MPEG-2. In addition to ProCoder, the RES-300s professional software bundle also includes Adobe After Effects, Ulead DVD Workshop and Sonic Foundry Sound Forge, giving you industry-leading, post-production tools in a single turnkey system.
Hardware Specificationswith StormBay (5 1/4" bay providing easy cabling access)
Storm Encoder hardware MPEG Encoder
Dual AMD Athlon MP 1900+ Processors
1GB DDR memory
40GB system drive
2 x 80GB removable video drives(more than 10 hours of storage)
nVidia GeForce4 video card
Pioneer A04 DVD-R drive
Antec custom chassiswith 510W ATX special AMD power supply
Dual external Ultra 160 SCSI ports for expandability
- Every system is factory inspected, assembled and certified to
- True realtime editing powered by the award-winning Canopus codec
- Dedicated RES telephone support means no waiting during
- Built around the stable technology that made Canopus famous.
- Professional broadcast I/O features.
- Native DV editing (YUV colorspace, not RGB).
- Realtime composite, S-Video, DV capture and DV output.
- Realtime 3D video effects.
- Realtime MPEG encoding.
- Includes Canopus ProCoder
High-speed, high-quality encoding for the web, download, DVD, and more.
- Windows XP Professional
- Adobe Premiere 6.5
- Adobe After Effects 5.5
- Canopus ProCoder
- Canopus Video Out plug-in for After Effects
- Canopus Xplode Professional
- Canopus Photo Album plug-in
- Canopus Storm Edit
- Boris FX 6.0
- Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 6.0
- Ulead DVD Workshop
Audio format (Native DV)
- NTSC 720x480 @ 29.97 frames/sec (CCIR 601);
5:1 DV compression, 3.6 MB/sec
- PAL 720x576 @ 25 frames/sec
- Full-motion video overlay on VGA monitor
- 2-channel 48 kHz 16-bit
- 2-channel 44.1 kHz 16-bit
- 2-channel 32 kHz 16-bit
Connectors: Digital Video and Audio
- I/O connections are at the back of the DVStorm card (StormBay provides front connection jacks)
- 1 x IEEE 1394 4-pin connector
- 1 x composite in (RCA)
- 1 x composite out (RCA)
- 1 x S-Video in
- 1 x S-Video out
- 1 x stereo in (mini jack)
- 1 x stereo out (mini jack)
- 1 x RCA in (on StormBay)
- 1 x RCA out (on StormBay)